Saturday, September 24, 2011

Trip to the Laundry-Mat

Today's Quote:

Everyone said, "Cheer up, things could be worse."
So I cheered up and sure enough, things got worse.

I thought this year was rough until I found this true poem/song written in 1998.


My car got stole, the washer's broke
And the kittens all have fleas
My babysittin' job don't pay enough
Won't someone help me please

     Oh Lord, you tell us to be humble
     I wonder if this is what you had in mind
     To be walking down the street with a stolen shopping cart
     Dirty clothes, soap and bleach, and a pocket full of dimes

So now, I'm sitting at the laundry-mat
Watching all my towels go round and round
I borrowed a pencil from a lady without any teeth
Just so I could write these lyrics down

     Oh Lord, you tell us to be humble
     I wonder if this is what you had in mind
     To avoid all the roaches in the laundry-mat
     With the mothers and their kids who whine

I'm walking down the street now with my clean clothes
Hoping nobody I know will see me
I notice people staring out their windows
Looking like they're feeling sorry for me
    
     Oh Lord, this is as humble as I want to be
     I wonder what my friends will think of me
     When they know I used to work and have a car that ran
     Went to school and got my degree

No comments:

Post a Comment