Saturday, September 8, 2012

RQB 3

 
"Advice is what we ask for when we know the answer but wish we didn't."

Daughter's design.


   When I lived in New Mexico, I joined the Las Placitas Presbyterian Church. They were such a great group of people! I was involved in working for and then coordinating some Vacation Bible Schools there, then also singing alto in the church choir.
   I met my first friends through the church: Liese, Irene, and Sandra. It was Sandra who got me involved with Placitas Elementary where I did my student teaching and hooked up with Liese to initiate a Drama Club. I also very much enjoyed working with Sunflower my first year of VBS. I always use the name Dolphin when I work with kids informally and my "helper" chose the name Sunflower. It wasn't until later that I learned she was a PhD & so I changed her name to Dr. Sunflower.
   The choir at LPPC was a very fun group. Our director, Bob Boughton was so awesome. He taught us, wrote music and lyrics, and planned all the offerings. What a talented man! The laughs alone were worth the trip up the hill, but more important was the beauty of the music that was guided out of our small but mighty choir. I'm surprised Nancy did not include her quote, originally from St. Agustine, "When you sing, you pray twice," which she was fond of saying.
   Isn't it nice to have such fond memories brought up by 2 pages of quotes. Miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment