Sunday, July 10, 2011

Photo Essay #2: Cucamonga Falls Hike

I don't know the actual name of the place we went to but it is up above the 210 frwy; trail head near Banyan and Sapphire. At first I was upset by the grafitti but there was actually some cool looking rocks along the way and especially at the waterfall, I liked the tagged rock wall there. I was still terribly upset with those who left trash near where the water collected in pools. I mentioned this to my young friend and he had never heard of such camping/hiking etiquette as "Pack it in, pack it out." Oh the young have so much to learn about ecology, nature, and respect.
 My hiking companion and guide.
 Investigating a cave
 Some kind of shelter.
 Small fall before the falls.
 A good grafitti spot.
 Tagged rocks along the trail.
 Almost there!
 First, you have to pass over the flattened remains of an old car.
 Colorful rocks.
 Fellow adventurers.
 Signpost up ahead.
 Risk 09
 Climbing the rope to higher falls.
 Equal opportunity risk.
 Looking up from the pool.
 Looking back.
Me & Matt 

This was my 4th of July adventure. We shared the space with about 30 other people. I'm glad I went and would do it again. Maybe Monrovia Falls next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment