Saturday, July 16, 2011

New Purpose

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Today’s Quote

Bad Spellers of the World
UNTIE!

I want this blog to be my online journal now. It’s going to take some getting used to, considering I have a cedar chest full of handwritten journals. Favorite Aunt Caroline gave me my first diary on my 13th birthday so I would have a refuge from my 2 older brothers and parents as I discovered teenage-dom. My first journals are all words. Later, they evolved from stream of consciousness writing about my daily life and events in the community to more creative ways of communicating on paper. I tell the truth about life as it happens, along with emotional commentary, dreams, jokes, random thoughts, etc.


I am embarking on a more public expression now. I started this blog because I wanted to share a booklet I researched and wrote called The Grandparent Book of Names. After a year of informal surveys, I compiled the list and chose the grandmother name, “Mimi.” Then, my Blogspot went through a series of purposes: a place to collect my poetry, a record of our family’s name songs, an occasional random thought, and most recently I added Photo Essays. My blog has evolved organically. Like all good learning, it is built on experience and action. Now this will be the place to share my thoughts, photographs, poems, and more for anyone who wishes to read them. I am no longer the same girl who was voted Most Secretive by her college roommates!

1 comment: