Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Red Quote Book

One of my Facebook friends seemed so surprised that someone else said they were putting her quote in their quote book, that I wanted to share pages from my first complete quote book.

I was inspired to create a Quote Book when my daughter gave me a red hard-bound book with blank unlined pages for my birthday in 2000. That is the kind of book I favor for my journal writing because it lends itself to either writing or drawing. My daughter included a quote by Eleanor Roosevelt on the front page. Since I was preparing to move out of state, I thought I would follow her lead and collect quotes from people I was leaving behind as well as those I would meet. It took about 4 years to fill the book. Some people drew pictures, others wrote poems. I added a lot of art work. My favorite medium used in the book is crayons, but I also have a variety of colored ink pens, pencils and markers that I used. The book is unconventional in that there were no rules. I told people that they could write on any page in any direction and so that is how it is. I will post a few pages at a time. Here are the first few.




No comments:

Post a Comment