Monday, August 1, 2011

AppleOne: Surely no Fun

Monday, August 01, 2011

Today’s Quote:

For as long as I can remember,

I’ve had AMNESIA.

As I mentioned on Facebook, I am searching for employment in earnest now. Having always had good resuIts from using employment agencies, I once again have been applying at some local agencies, as well as directly to jobs that show up on one of the several Internet job sites I have joined. Today, I thought I would search for AppleOne to apply to as an agency resource. I found them online and was pleased to see there is a local office right down the street from me. My first disappointment was when I called with an inquiry. The telephone was answered in an unwelcoming manner and my questions were answered brusquely. Nevertheless, I completed the online application and took a hard copy of my resume to the agency in the afternoon. I felt like Julia Roberts in “Pretty Woman” when she walks into the store on Rodeo Drive and the sales clerks tell her she is not welcome there. It is the first time in my life I have gone to an employment agency and was told they do not help people like me, i.e. ones with teaching credentials. It was a terrible experience and even though I told them they should call me, I don’t really want to be represented by a company that made me feel bad about myself. Maybe I am not looking for the right kind of employment. What is a gal with a master’s degree looking to be an administrative assistant for anyway? Tent-making…


No comments:

Post a Comment